PWLP SELECTION CRITERIA
Apply for a Powerful Women Scholarship
Applicants who are accepted into the program will be invited to pay the registration* fees. Note 65 part and full scholarships are available for the program.
Registration costs are detailed in the flyer for each stream (2022 program version):
- Powerful Women Professional Program Flyer
- Powerful Women Early Career Program Flyer (Updated)
Registration* in the Powerful Women Professional program includes full registration to the API Summer School (including all accommodation and meals) and additional online Powerful Women program activities.
*Registration excludes travel costs. Costs include GST.
Discounts apply for staff from API member organisations in recognition of your organisation's other contributions to the operations of the API and Summer School.
In addition to the investment in the delivery of the Powerful Women program, 65 scholarships are available thanks to support from the Australian Government's Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet for 2022 to 2024.
The scholarships include:
- 4x full and 11x part** scholarships for the Professional Stream worth $8,800 - $16,640 inc GST.
- 5x full and 15x part** scholarships for graduates for the Early Career stream, worth $1,500 - $2,500.
- 30x full scholarships for undergraduate students for the Early Career stream.
**Note a contribution from your employer is required for the remainder of the registration fee for the part scholarships
Selection Criteria for scholarships:
1. Need: the scholarship program is designed primarily to support women who don’t have suitable access to financial support for this type of program, such as from an employer. How does this apply to you? (Eg University employer or SME that doesn’t have financial capacity, returning to work/part time, currently not linked to an employer etc)
2. Motivation and Readiness: outline why you are ready for leadership and developing your career in the power sector
3. Impact potential: what impact do you believe this program will have on your career in male-dominated technical and leadership areas of the Australian the power sector (eg your participation in the workforce, employability and acquiring jobs and/or development as a leader in the power sector).
4. Eligibility: A woman on a career path to technically-oriented professional and para-professional leadership roles in the Australian electricity (power) sector, with aspirations of being a leader in your organisation and the sector, and with 4-15 years relevant experience OR an undergraduate student or new graduate in technically oriented roles in the power sector? You must also be able to participate in all aspects of the program including the API Summer School in Adelaide from May 2023* (refer to the flyer for each program for more details of dates; *dates to be confirmed).
Scholarship application closing dates for 2023 cohort:
Applications for the Professional stream closed 31 July 2022.
Applications for the Early Career stream will close 31 July 2022.
Applicants will be notified in September 2022 of the outcome of their application.
Applicants who are not successful will be offered the opportunity to register for the program with full support from their employer (subject to availability of remaining spots in the Summer School).